Saturday, January 24, 2009

Journey Begins

January 21, 2009
After getting ready all day I had dinner with Dad, which was alright despite how tired I was. After dinner I played my piano for a while as I knew I wouldn’t see an instrument that large in a long time. I left around 7:30 to see Elena! I could only stay a bit because she had to run across the water to get some books or something. Anyway, it was nice to see her and chill out for a little bit and watch all the inauguration balls on TV.
Then I went and picked up Megan. We went the Shari’s and had pie. It was delicious as always and a nice treat before I left.
I drove all the way back out to Mom’s and finished up last minute packing. I fell asleep at some point right on top of all my bags and stuff…haha. Mom ended up waking me up around 1 AM and I finished everything up and then watched some Hairspray {what a awful/fun film}. Mom, I and Elroy headed to the airport at 3AM and traffic was pretty good. She dropped me off and I kissed my puppy goodbye and my journey had started at that point.
I went into the counter and checked in with minimal difficulty, went through security and waited at my gate. I had a good chat with “Joshua” in the seating area and by the time we boarded I was pretty tired.
The first flight went pretty well. I slept quite a bit on the ride to Chicago but was pretty tense when we landed.
I waited around for 2 hours in the airport until my second flight took off to Frankfurt, Germany. That flight was less exciting. I was exhausted by that point and was ready to be done flying. The food was terrible {no surprises there} and I couldn’t sleep. The nice part was that the flight was practically empty so I had the whole row {2 seats} to myself and could almost lie down. We landed in Germany on Thursday morning and I met a few of our group there.
We flew into Chennai a bit later and landed at 3AM on Friday morning. We met the rest of the group and went to the hotel in Mahabalapurem and crashed. GOODNIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment