Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Ready to Leave Again

Wow, there is so much to do before I leave, yet I am SO bored here. It does not cease to amaze me that with so many more options available to me of what to do with my days here than there were in Tanzania, I am going nuts with the uneventful-ness of each day. At my home in Maji ya Chai there was always something going on and even the simple things, like making dinner or taking a walk, were exciting and new. I cannot wait to feel like that again. That seems to be a commonality with any travel. It's exciting, new and provocative. I think more when I'm away and it is so refreshing. With 8 days to go I feel like I should be busier, or at least feel like I've got things to do. And I do have a lot to do; so it's kind of a mystery to me why I should be feeling like there is NOTHING to do. On the agenda: a TON of shopping
Natural Health Store
earth-friendly sunscreen

earplugs
earth-friendly hand sanitizer (does it exist?"die")
Dr. Bronner's castille soap
earth-friendly toothpaste
nail clippers
earth-friendly antibacterial soap (die?)
rehydration salts

earth-friendly antibiotic ointment (die?)
grapefruit seed extract & acidophilus (for natural healing class)
earth-friendly bug repelent (die? also if it's citronella, that won't work, I'm allergic)
Costco
photo prints (for album to take to share)
laptop computer
additional passport photos
Other
wristwatch w/ alarm

electrical outlet adapter
combination locks (luggage)
large combination lock (hotel doors, et cetera)

If anyone knows a good/cheap place to get anything on the list,
please let me know where.
In other news, I CUT MY HAIR! I'm so glad I did for a few reasons: It looks totally cute. It will be super easy to take care of in India. I'm 19 and have a rat tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment