Monday, February 2, 2009

Illness and Elation

Sorry I haven’t written anything in so long.
Things have not been going all that well and I just haven’t found enough time to be blogging much.
Thursday night I had a sort of anxiety reaction to all the things that have been swirling around me in the past 9 months. I was having trouble sleeping and breathing and wound up going to the ER.
I was pleasantly surprised by the caliber of medical care available in Southern India. They took very good care of me and we went back to Youth Camp at 2 AM. Needless to say I didn’t go to yoga in the morning.
I’m taking care of myself and getting some help here with a really nice woman named Barbara. Please don’t worry about me, I’m doing fine now and feeling a lot better aside from a pretty bad cold.
Basically the last week has been filled with tooling around on our bicycles throughout Auroville, getting tours of different communities and worksites; getting to know the other 14 people here at Youth Camp; yoga classes; and getting to know the villagers and their temples and “ways”.
I fit in so well here and I think it’s a really good place for me to be. Youth Camp is a beautiful place and the people in our group are so warm and welcoming.
Logistically, living in India is a lot easier than Tanzania. We have our own bikes, water, electricity, someone makes our food everyday, and people are really used to seeing Westerners here so there is little harassment by locals.
Currently we’re just going over the Living Routes’ pedagogy, policies, course outlines and reading.
I want to know how everyone is doing, send me an email!
Love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment